Published on http://headsubhead.com.
BookExpo America 2012 is well underway up in NYC at the Javitz Center. Tuesday, Bowker shared some the results from their latest research. Here are a few highlights from their report on eReader statistics:
1. almost 50% of content downloaded by eReader owners is free
2. 14% of eReader owners never buy an ebook
3. the number one reason is because they “can’t share the book”
4. fiction eBooks still leads the pack in sales
5. eBook “Power Buyers” buy 4 eBooks a month and is a group consisting mostly of educated females; they make up 35% of the customers, yet account for 60% of sales