Making Business Intelligence Work for Libraries: How Patron Driven Consumer Research Will Improve the User Experience
* Barbara Genco – Library Journal, New York, N.Y.
* Rebecca Miller – School Library Journal & Library Journal Patron Profiles, New York, N.Y.
* Kelly Gallagher – RR Bowker, New Providence, N.J.
* Siobhan A. Reardon – Free Library of Philadelphia, Pa.
* Corinne Hill – Dallas (Tex.) Public Library
* Alison Circle – Columbus Metropolitan (Ohio) Library
In Summer 2011 Library Journal and RR Bowker launched “Patron Profiles: U.S. Public Library Users’ Behaviors & Preferences,” the first-ever trended national survey of public library customers, which tracks patrons’ library use and library experiences. Each quarter a specific topic is researched and explored (e.g. ebooks; mobile devices, content and apps; library websites; patterns of media consumption.) Learn high level findings from the first two reports, preview the third, and hear planning implications with library and industry leaders.
To listen to the presentation, please click here: PLA_2012_Con_a55