Bowker Market Research has become a primary source for publishing industry market research. Our experienced analysts will help you ask the right questions and analyze the data to provide actionable and accurate results for your business. Samples for these studies are drawn from our Bowker Market Research book buyer sample, providing a pre-qualified and cost-effective way to reach your target audience.
We offer several different types of Custom Research including:
Industry Standard Report Sets
Quarterly set of consumer-based sales trends highlighting key industry performance indicators. In addition to data points, Bowker will provide editorial content with expert analysis and interpretation of the data related to:
- Demographic portraits of key buyers
- Channel and outlet profiles
- Binding and genres performance
- E-book device ownership
- Publisher market share
- Book awareness & purchase motivation
- RTR – A survey analysis tool provided by our partner MarketTools, Inc., that allows users to create frequency distributions to all questions in the monthly tracker survey, plus any ad-hoc questions that clients have asked to run for a given month.
- INsight – A graphics, data retrieval, and reporting program that takes advantage of the book, outlet, and measure aggregation that has been performed by our second partner, Management Science Associates (MSA). The INsight database can have four or five dimensions, each containing a unique set of elements.
Custom Deep Dive Studies
A Deep Dive Study allows clients to go back to a specific set of defined book buyers and ask up to 35 questions about a topic of particular research interest. A Deep Dive Study can seek to understand the success that an author had and understand if there are ways of knowing how these and other trends can be uncovered in the future.
Image Testing Service
The Image Testing Service technology allows for more precise consumer reaction diagnostics by having respondents (book buyers) express opinions about the image by clicking directly on any part of the image and providing verbatim feedback.